3D terrain models
With the advent of affordable drones, the market for aerial photography has grown: if previously shooting from a helicopter or plane was expensive and impossible for hard-to-reach places, now more and more companies are ordering video, shooting for orthophotos and 3D models from drones.
Three-dimensional modeling, performed on the basis of data obtained during shooting from a drone, allows you to visualize any spatial information.
With the help of drones, you can get accurate photos and videos, which, after processing in specialized software, allow you to simultaneously process and combine thousands of photos taken from different angles, and automatically create 3D models of the terrain.
UAVs allow shooting from low altitudes with high detail, inaccessible to large aircraft and satellites and dozens of times faster than using tacheometric shooting. Due to the fact that the drones use cameras with high-resolution optics (up to 4K), you can get a very high accuracy of the models (4 cm / pixel with accurate reference to the coordinates).
Graphic representation of objects in the form of 3D-models presents information in the most convenient and natural for a person, which has a positive effect on the quality and efficiency of decision-making.
Today, three-dimensional models are widely used in:
- time monitoring – this is relevant for architectural monuments, monumental sculptures and engineering objects, as it allows you to monitor their condition and timely reconstruction and repair;
- facility management. The created three-dimensional model allows displaying dynamics of a condition of an object. It is applied in relation to exploitation of buildings, constructions or development of the territory;/li>
- restoration of technical documentation for various objects;
- inventory and modernization of pipelines and communications;
- solving design problems – 3D-models allow you to visualize and test various technical solutions at the stage of project development, which saves enormous time and resources;
- construction – in this case, three-dimensional modeling of processes is performed, which allows for high-quality construction control at each stage of work;
- landscaping – visual assessment of the building provides invaluable assistance in the development of planning projects;
- calculation and control of volumes of production of soils, quarries, dumps and embankments, measurement of volumes of loose materials (construction, development of quarries, inventory);
- for spatial analysis in urban planning and management of development of territories, in calculations of telecommunication networks;
- in complex architectural planning and design of buildings and structures. The created models allow to analyze the spatial and visual characteristics of future architectural objects. Photorealism of textured objects allows you to plan color and stylistic solutions of future buildings that fit harmoniously into the existing environment, to assess their aesthetic expressiveness;
- calculations of volumes of work in land management, surveying, geodesy.